KINGS Prep can help address the systemic barriers and inequities that often prevent them from achieving their full potential. By providing targeted support and resources, such a program can help these students overcome obstacles and achieve success in college and beyond.
KINGS PREP PROGRAMS
KINGS College works to ensure that all young men have the opportunity to pursue higher education, fulfill their potential, and achieve their dreams. We empower participants to attend college by equipping them with the skills and knowledge to succeed in postsecondary school, along with tuition support to remove financial barriers. Specialist work with participants on stimulating personal motivation, academic attainment, college admissions and financial aid, to keep them in the educational pipeline and while enhancing access to postsecondary opportunities.
College Access Activities
- Academic advisement and tutoring
- SAT preparatory workshops
- Assistance with the college selection and application process
- Financial aid workshops
- Parent workshops
- College campus tours
- Scholarship Searches and applications
- College Weekend Workshops
- KINGS Scholarship Program
KINGS Career increases the job readiness skills of our youth, assists with their job searches, and connects them to resources and employers in the community. Services include career assessments, resume writing assistance, interview skills development, asset mapping, workplace etiquette training, job searches, application assistance, job placement, and other career-related topics as requested by staff/school partners.
KINGS Careers is designed to provide a comprehensive, high-quality Career Exploration & Career preparatory education.
KINGS Career Activities
- Career Connections job shadowing experiences
- Career Mentorship program
- Career Days and career exploration workshops
- Career Technical Certifications
- Comprehensive career and skills assessment
- Financial Literacy programming
- Internship opportunities